Regulatory Changes on the Licensing of CMSRL & FARLOctober 21, 2014
Private Retirement SchemesNovember 11, 2014
The Bumiputera Dealer Representatives Education Fund (BDREF) or Dana Pendidikan Wakil Peniaga Bumiputera (DPWPB) was established for the purpose of enhancing the professional skills and technical knowledge of Bumiputera remisiers and paid dealers’ representatives so as to increase their value to the Malaysian capital market. This fund is managed and administered by the Securities Commission Malaysia (SC) through its training arm the Securities Industry Development Corporation. A board of trustees, supported by an education and finance committee that comprises the SC, Bursa Malaysia, ASCM and PRIBUMI oversees the implementation of the fund.
The BDREF objectives are to:
- provide financial assistance to Bumiputera dealer’s representatives to pursue professional courses related to the capital market;
- encourage personal development and enhancement of professional skills and technical knowledge among Bumiputera dealer’s representatives to strengthen their role in the capital market;
- increase the number of Bumiputera dealer’s representatives with professional qualifications in particular in the capital market industry; and
- provide an opportunity to Bumiputera dealer’s representatives for career progression within the capital market industry.
The fund is opened to all Bumiputera dealer’s representatives in the stockbroking companies, pursuing the courses identified below:
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP)
- Diploma of Technical Analysis (MSTA)
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
- Islamic Financial Planner (IFP)
- Chartered Islamic Finance Professional (CIFP)
Financing your studies
Under the fund, 100% financing will be extended to you for attending courses and examinations leading to professional qualifications relevant to the Malaysian capital market e.g. Certified Financial Planning and Chartered Financial Analysts.
If you pass all the examinations leading to a professional qualification, the funding extended will be automatically converted to a scholarship.
Conversely, if you fail to successfully complete the professional course, you will have to reimburse the fund of the finance extended as stipulated in the Study Loan Agreement, to benefit a wider pool of dealer’s representatives.
How to apply
Application to the fund must be made using the prescribed application form, typed or neatly written and supported by a letter of recommendation from your principal.
Duly completed application forms should be submitted to the secretariat with the following documents:
- A letter of recommendation from the principal/company
- Admission letter from the approved Education Provider
- Programme Fee Schedule
- Programme Schedule
- Photocopies of certificates/degrees/transcripts
- Photocopy of I/C
For further enquiries, please contact:
The BDREF Secretariat
Securities Industry Development Corporation (SIDC)
No 3, Persiaran Bukit Kiara
50490 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 603-6204 8127
Fax: 603-6204 8298